Saturday, March 3, 2012

February.

What. A. Month.
That is all I can even say...

Definitely didn't begin the way I expected it to, and that is an understatement.
Isn't it crazy how one second you are living in a bliss, and the next you feel your ENTIRE world has been yanked out from under your feet?
That is the only way I can think to describe my feelings for the beginning of the month. Not pleasant. But perhaps necessary? 
Maybe it is the hardships, and the struggle that make things worth while? 
Every truly great thing in life has its problems, but what makes those things perfect? When you still want to stick around for the ride even when everything sucks.
And life goes on. Things always work out the way they are supposed to in the end :)

This last month was an absolute whirlwind.
Me and Trevor started the month out on a weekend getaway in Jackson Hole to celebrate Valentines day.
{Do I smell a much needed new yearly tradition?}
Perfect doesn't even begin to cut it.
Let me just begin by bragging, my boy sure knows how to spoil a girl...
My great big surprise?

 Oh, you know... 
Just our very own little cabin for the weekend.
Uhm.. amazing? Yeah. I thought so too :)

Not to be conceded or anything, but we have got to be the best looking couple ever.

 I caved. Finally learned to ski.
Spent a lot of the day on my butt.. but I had a pretty dang cute ski instructor, and I had a blast :)

 And a road-trip just isn't complete without at least one speeding ticket.. right?

After we made our way home from that adventure, I had about 5 days to rest before..
PARIS :)
Yes, I am spoiled.
My birthday was on the 21st, so me and my mom took a little (okay, maybe not so little) girls trip to France :)

Our hotel was only about a block away from the Eiffel Tower, so we got a lot of time in there.

Pretty gorgeous :)
The very top was closed, but we climbed the stairs up to the second floor, and it got me realizing just how out of shape I really am.
{gotta miss the cheer days}
But once we got there, the view was SO worth the climb.
What a beautiful, beautiful city :)
 {And don't worry.. any calories I may have managed to work off on the climb up to the top,  I ate right back in the daily croissants and crepes.}

I recognized Notre Dame from way down the street.. not because I know anything about the cathedral itself.. but I sure have seen The Hunchback of Notre Dame more times than I can count.
Child at heart, and proud of it :)


It was pretty unreal to get the chance to see this all up close and personal.


That evening we went on a dinner cruise which took us along the Seine River and past some gorgeous sights.
I forgot to charge my camera that night, so I don't have many pictures of the evening.
But we had a great time :)
Some great sights, food, and heart to hearts with my mama.
One picture I snapped with my phone of the picture that we bought on the cruise ship.. and then left on the cruise ship.. :(

I have a hot mama :)

Our last full day we visited The Louvre.
What an incredible museum.
{I'll admit, I am no art history major, but i'm not sure I understand the rave behind the Mona Lisa? Of all the immaculate paintings, and sculptures, and even buildings surrounding her, that little painting is one of the most famous in the world? Yep, your guess is as good as mine.}
 
And eventually, of course.. we had to come home :(

But once we got home, I had A LOT to get done in a little amount of time.
For those of you who don't know, Trevs birthday is on February 29th (leap year)
 Meaning he turned 5 this year!
And oh boy does this girl know how to throw a party :)
A cars themed, 5 year olds birthday party.
Complete with goodie bags, balloons, cupcakes, party hats, a lightning mcqueen cardboard movie cutout..
And did I mention the bounce house in my living room?
Yes. A full sized, monster truck bounce house. :)

This month was a bit hectic.
"But I love this crazy, tragic, sometimes almost magic, awful, beautiful life"

XO- Laken Jade :)


No comments:

Post a Comment