Saturday, January 21, 2012

Blogs, blogs, and more blogs.

Lately I have found myself OBSESSED with blogs
Reading blogs, the people who write the blogs, and the idea of possibly blogging myself.   
I have this strange admiration for those who take the time to write down the madness going on inside of their heads, open and available for anyone to come along and judge. I have always been more of the suffer in silence type, not to worry I promise not to use this as a way to constantly whine because that has been my biggest pet peeve among the countless blogs I have found myself getting lost in lately.
  But I think sometimes the best way to understand ourselves is to take the time to put our thoughts and feelings into words
I was never one to keep a journal or diary.  Not for a lack of trying, because trust me, I have probably started next to a hundred in my day. It always seemed like my life was too boring, and too ordinary to keep a record of my day to day "I had a club sandwich for lunch" and "the crush finally noticed my existence" and all that other fun, teenage girl stuff. 
I don't know what makes me think my life is any more worthy of being blogged, or exciting now than it was then.  Because trust me, it isn't.
My main idea behind this is 20 years from now to look back and remember what I was thinking, feeling, and doing with my life at 20 years old.  
Ready to make fun?
Looking back on the old myspace and early facebook days was really the inspiration here.  I made the mistake of deleting my myspace account all together when that was no longer the cool thing to do, and i've found myself regretting that.  Looking back even just a year ago on my sweet little facebook wall I am reminded of 
How much things have changed.. 
How much I have changed.  
It became my very own version of a diary. 
That is where I am hoping to head with this, my very own form of diary, minus the fact that this is about to be posted up online and everyone and their dog can read it.  Worst private diary ever.
But that works for me because I am about the least private person EVER.  
And ya know what?  I think I am okay with that. 
Because maybe if everyone took the time to share their thoughts and feelings, relating to everyone else would be just that much easier? 



1 comment:

  1. I'll add it to my google reader and see what's really going on in that cute little head

    ReplyDelete